SB-200 Question

Gene A Nailon k5dle at JUNO.COM
Sat Aug 26 22:28:21 EDT 2000

FROM: Gene Nailon K5DLE  k5dle at juno.com
Edmond, OK 73034

Hello Steve W9XF;

First, unplug the key line from the Ant Relay jack on the
back, measure the resistance to ground with the anp turned
off.  It should be between 5,000 and 15000 ohms.  If it is
much less, like 50 ohms, there is a short on the grid/relay
key line.

It's most likly a Grid/Filiment short on one of the 572Bs.
Unplug both tubes, turn it on, if the relay does not close
one of the tubes is bad. Plug them in one at a time and see
what happens.

If a tube is not bad, the next most likly suspect is C19
2 Mfd. 150V electrolitic cap on the key line.  If it is
shorted it will cause it to key.

There are also other caps on the key line that could be shorted
but not likly.

Hope this helps,

Gene