SB-401 won't tune up

CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE cboone at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Dec 3 22:20:49 EST 2000

"Stewart D. Lyon" wrote:

> Hi Jack,
> First off, check the cables between the -303 and -401. It's easy to get them
> mixed up. Not sure about a -303 but on a -301, these cables must be RG62 and
> 2 ft long -- especially the het oscillator.

Same goes for the SB 303.....RG 62 must be used...it's low capacitance
93 ohm cable used in IBM 3270 mainframe systems and can be found as
surplus almost anywhere...In fact I probably have some available if
Jack needs some..my 401/303 combo would barely work on 50ohm cable but
ran fine on RG 62...(and I was age 15 then....I sold my SB twins this
year at Dallas Ham Com after some years in storage...bought them from
Ham Radio Outlet in St Louis for $600 total..that was in 1974!)

Chris
WB5ITT
Age 42 now (snif ;)

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov