Boonie Bike

Bob Wier wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Sun Dec 3 23:52:22 EST 2000

>A local mower repair place that collects antique small engine itmes has a
>Heath Boonie Bike in allegedly mint condition. I did not look for the ski
>(it wasn't installed).
>
>If anyone is interested, I'll give you the phone number, name and price (I
>didn't know if it was totally rediculous or not and thought I'd spare the
>list the annoyance of hearing a 'collectible' price).

Aha - so that was the other one that was sold :-)

I built one (in an apartment!) in the circa 1968 time frame. It
actually worked fairly well with two exceptions. One was that the
centrifugal clutch had a fairly short life span. The other was that the
ski was totally useless - I'd assume that the ski would come as part
of the above unit, but it would be worth no more than a few dollars as
far as actual usage is concered - on the other hand if buying as a collectable,
then you'd probably want it.

--BW

              Bob Wier
     mailto:wier at calcite.rocky.edu
   21:51 GMT Sunday, December 3, 2000
    Rocky Mountain College, Billings MT.
 keeper of the Photo-3d and Overland-Trails
mailing lists and the USA GPS Waypoint server

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov