what's a good signal generator, that I can afford

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Tue Dec 12 19:21:47 EST 2000

My favorite boatanchor signal generator is the venerable HP-606. Covers
50KHz to 65MHz. When you let it warm up for a while, it's stable enough.
Puts out up to 3 volts of RF and has a nice calibrated attenuator. Bought
one for $25.00 at a surplus store and a second one for $125.00 at a flea
market. It's big, beautiful, and warm!

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of mike bryce
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 1:17 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: what's a good signal generator, that I can afford

Hola...

this old sg-8 signal generator is no longer getting it. takes more time to
adjust than to repair the radio.

so having said that, who makes a good signal generator, that I can afford,
but is 100 times better than this old sg-8 from heath?

Nope, can't afford a IFR 1800

Any HP models?

Marconi ?
--