The movie "Frequency"

Lee Blaske lblaske at PCLINK.COM
Sun Dec 17 14:18:33 EST 2000

Murray VE7MGY wrote:

>After seeing all the talk on the list about this movie I rented it on DVD.
>It is very interesting. Especially interesting was  how the two actors were
>able to talk to each other at the same time using the same radio. Not only
>that, they were using a receiver, a receiver that allowed them to talk in
>full duplex without even pushing the PTT on the mic except for the odd time.
>It must have been a power mic since they were able to walk around the room
>and still keep  talking.You're right, the star was the SB-301. It is worth
>watching this movie on DVD as there are interviews with real ham operators
>and university professors talking about solar flares etc etc.

Frequency was a great movie. I saw it in a theater (great to see an
SB-301 on a big screen) and must admit I got a little misty.

I was surprised, however, that the shack wasn't bigger, incorporating
more equipment. It seems to me that a larger set up would have given
more cinematographic opportunities. At the very least, an SB-610 and
SB-620 would have been nice.

Then again, if the rig was too complex, it might have been hard for
the son to figure it out.

I especially enjoyed to novel SB-301 repair sequence.

Lee Blaske

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov