MA-18-1(?)

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Dec 18 03:50:46 EST 2000

There's a place called Antique Electronics which might have what you need.  During the
transition from tubes to transistors, a few companies made plug-replaceable units, i.e.,
transistors that mimicked their tube counterparts, in 7- or 9-pin packages.  I do believe
that they included the 12AT7 and other tubes used in Heathkit's VTVM's.  I recall seeing
them in a catalog, and not too expensive, either -- no more than the current prices of
tubes, for sure!

Sorry, I don't have the URL, and not positive on the name, but it's a lead.

Jack

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov