For Sale: Heathkit Automotive Timing Light and Tuneup Meter

Bob Groh WA2CKY rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sat Dec 30 23:48:21 EST 2000

Well, the stuff keeps coming out of the attic.  The latest
are two pieces of Heathkit automotive tune up equipment -
probably from the mid-70s if my memory is correct.  Both
were purchased and built by myself and, if I do say so (I
just did), they are built nicely.  The condition of each is
pretty darn good and each includes the original manual.

Heathkit ID-29 TuneUp Meter
This is a combination dwell/tach/dc voltmeter for 3,4,6 or 8
cylinder cars - either 6V or 12V.  Tach has 2 ranges: 0 to
1500 and 0 to 4500 RPM.  Voltage scale is 0 to 15 VDC.  Very
nice unit in a plastic clam shell case with a big 5" meter.

Heathkit CI-1040 Automotive Timing Light
This uses a 'clamp over' trigger lead(you clamped a probe
over the #1 spark plug lead ... so you didn't have to
disconnect anything).  Uses a very bright (Xexon??) bulb and
lense for easy viewing in bright sunlight. Works nicely.

Price?? How about $25 for each one, shipping included.
Offers up or down are welcomed.  In fact, any interest is
welcomed!  Just drop me an email privately at
<bob.groh at ieee.org> and we'll talk.

Happy New Year to all.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY