PK-232 Heath???

jordana@nucleus.com jordana at NUCLEUS.COM
Thu Feb 3 13:38:02 EST 2000

The Heath HK-232 was the Heath version (Licensed by AEA) of the PK-232... the MBX ,a TAPR
DCD Ckt, and Updated ROMS were all later options... Having had 2 of each unit, I prefer
the Later HK-232 MBX with the TAPR DCD Ckt added over the PK-232MBX... the documentaion
from Heath FAR exceeded that of the AEA version, and when properly constructed worked very
well... the ease of troubleshooting allowed for by the improved documentation made it much
preferrable.....Timewave still has ROM upgrades for the HK-232 , although if I recall the
DSP upgrades are not available for the HK-232. This may be offset by the disclaimer that
some modes will not work properly on the PK-232 when the DSP options are installed in
it... A good TW DSP-9+ or 59+ will do as much as the internal DSP in the PK-232 and also
be more flexible and not cause the loss of those modes that are lost in the upgrade.... 73
de Jordan...

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov