Help-SB104 Output Transistors

John Farrington jfarr at LIVINGSTON.NET
Sat Feb 5 17:49:58 EST 2000

"Rick Markey-KN3C" asked:
>I'm posting for a non-internet empowered friend.  Can anyone shed some
>light on the final transistors used in the SB-104.  They are marked
>ZN6465.
>Is that a 2N6465 or are they something exotic?  Can you still get them?

My manual lists the 4 finals as 2N6456's, not 6465's.
NTE crosses to NTE325, with the note that there are  "minor mechanical
    differences, but will fit most applications".
RCA crosses to SK9607.

The question is whether or not they will fit the heat sink.

NTE lists some ZN's, but no ZN6465. The 2N6465 is an audio power amp,
while the 2N6456 is a 50W RF power amp.

rfparts.com lists the 2N6456 at $29.95 each, so I'd look at the
others first. Let me know if you find a cheaper source.

73

John Farrington  KE5ZB

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov