diodes

wa1vwl wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Wed Feb 9 19:11:48 EST 2000

I replaced all the balanced modulator diodes in my SB-110A with hot carrier
types. Those are much better suited for the task than germanium diodes. The
reason Heath used germanium was because of cost. HCD's were pretty expensive
at the time. Using HCD's in balanced modulator or demodulator (product
detectors) results in better carrier suppression and lower distortion.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Michael Tallent
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2000 1:24 AM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: diodes

If the FH1100 is an industry part number, then it is a Fairchild Hot
Carrier diode.  I have the data sheet.  Probably most any hot carrier
diode would work.  If it is in a set of 2 or 4 diodes, then I would
change all of them to whatever new type you select.

Mike W6MXV

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
'name' 'call'"

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov