SB-300 Receiver problem

Ed Goss meg at APLCOMM.JHUAPL.EDU
Mon Feb 14 12:41:21 EST 2000

On 14 Feb 00, at 5:37, John Campbell wrote:

> Mark and All:
>       This problem is most likely caused by dried out lubricant in the LMO
> tuning capacitor. The cure is to disassemble to LMO enough to expose the
> tuning capacitor, then carefully remove whatever old lubricant you can
> with a degreaser and a small solder flux-brush. After drying, use a small
> amount of lubricant on each of the capacitor rotor shaft bearings.
> Lubricants like lubri-plate or even clear silicone grease have proven
> effective for me. There is also a silicone grease which contains graphite
> (don't know the brand name) which is "conductive". This is the ideal stuff
> because it would help keep the rotor at ground potential and prevent the
> frequency jumping you are describing.
>                       73....John   <<w8jnc>>

Hello,
     This following was just posted on the Drake List -- apparently
there's some copper grease available from Sherwood Engineering
that might help in the Heath LMO...
--Ed, N3CW--

Hi,

Has anyone tried the copper-laden grease for the PTO  sold by
Sherwood
Engineering?.  I sure would love to eliminate the clip lead  that
currently provides grounding for the slug(via vertical aluminum piece
that
joins the screw to the slug).

Rob K2WI

Sponsored by the City of Tempe