setting bias on HW-32A

Walt Yatzook w1atv at HOME.COM
Mon Feb 21 19:42:37 EST 2000

Well Greg the $2.00 manuel says to set the bias that the third pot to
the right on the rear panel from the mic connector is. To be set as.

Final Bias:
With the microphone button depressed to PTT operation and with the Meter
switch in the BIAS SET position ,the FINAL BIAS control should be
adjusted for an S3 meter reading. A triangle is marked at S3 on the
meter scale to indicate the proper bias setting. Don not allow the meter
reading to exceed S3 without modulation.

Any other questions and be glad to help. I have one of these but just
haven't had the time to get it on the air. I was hoping to put it on
psk, anybody else on the air with one?

73 walt w1atv

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov