setting bias on HW-32A

Bob Wier wier at CALCITE.ROCKY.EDU
Tue Feb 22 01:24:02 EST 2000

>Final Bias:
>With the microphone button depressed to PTT operation and with the Meter
>switch in the BIAS SET position ,the FINAL BIAS control should be
>adjusted for an S3 meter reading. A triangle is marked at S3 on the
>meter scale to indicate the proper bias setting. Don not allow the meter
>reading to exceed S3 without modulation.
>
>73 walt w1atv

Yes - this is the procedure I use on my HW32A. When I bought it
about 20 years ago, it had a tiny little hole drilled in the top of the
case right above the pot so you could insert a diddle stick in to
adjust it - that eliminated a frequency shift I found when putting
the chassies back into the case. It's so useful I've never patched
it, although some people might not like it.

73's de WB5KXH

--Bob Wier

wier at calcite.rocky.edu

Sponsored by the City of Tempe