Unbuilt Heathkit prices

Gerald C. Lemay wa1vwl at GROLEN.COM
Thu Feb 24 19:24:38 EST 2000

I have to get my 2 cents on this off-topic, just can't resist. How about
real estate? I bought my house in November 1973 for $24,000.00. I ate peanut
butter sandwiches for the next couple of years because I couldn't afford
much else. Good thing I bought my DX-60B and HG-10B and Hammarlund HQ-105
before or I would have been QRT for sure. Had the house appraised recently
and it's worth $135,000.00. Nobody will raise an eyebrow because that's
average. Only when it comes to old radios do people complain about prices
being too high. Maybe they are. Who knows, my SB twins, SB-310, HR-20 and
HX-20 and other assorted stuff could be sold to buy more junk. Or maybe
someday be worthless. Who cares. I'm having fun. And no, I won't pay a lot
for old radios. If they're priced too high, I'll just let someone else have
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Kenneth G Dupuis
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:14 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: Unbuilt Heathkit prices

One nice thing about a democratic society is that without government
interference (subsidy) the market sets the price, simple supply and
demand. I had a 1966 Mustang that I bought in 1967 for $1850, I sold it
in 1966 for $1875 and with 167,000 miles on the original engine. The kid
wanted it so bad he couldn't even see the problems.  Apparently the same
logic, or lack thereof still rules, best wishes, Ken

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
'name' 'call'"

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov