RCA Sockets...

Jim Roik jnroik at ESCAPE.CA
Sat Feb 26 15:34:11 EST 2000

If you mean the type that are  on the circular phenolic board with mounting
holes on an 18 mm centre, they are in a catalogue put out by Mode
Electronics. Mode Electronics is handled by a local jobber here. Don't know
if this is a stock item or has to be brought in by them.

I do know that the jobbers are really cutting back on on the stock they
handle. I came out yesterday with the remains of their IRC snaptrol
potentiometers, Got a lot of rear sections, bushings and shafts and a number
of front sections. Also some switches and mounting pieces. Same with their
stock of Striptrol pots, just short on shafts for them. Now have to look
around for somewhere that might have some of the other pieces or to find if
IRC (TRW) still sells them.

Also found they are selling out their stock of disk ceramics. They offered
me a good price but I'm not sure if I want to get that many myself. Lots of
1 to 2 kV varieties. Have to look around to see if anyone is interested in
splitting the stock.

These are the trials we face today.

Anyway if you don't find another source of those RCA connectors, let me know
and I'll see what they want for them, if they are stocked and what the
minimum order is.

Jim  VE4AQ