Fleamarket talk...

M. Kassay michael.kassay at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Feb 29 22:39:35 EST 2000

 A little off topic.... Enjoy!

Fleamarket Talk followed by.....  ENGLISH translation...

1.  This rig puts out a big signal........   Its 50khz wide !

2.  This is a really good CW rig....  It doesn't work on SSB !

3.  It seems to be a vintage regenerative type.....It oscillates!

4.   I just re-tubed it......  Got 'em from a questionable USED tube
stock!

5.  I just aligned it....   The slugs on the transformers are jammed!

6.  I don't know if it works...   It doesn't work and probably never
has!

7.  It doesn't CHIRP....   Probably cause it doesn't transmit!

8.  The audio sounds great....   The 120hz buzz is faithfully
reproduced!

9.  It just was serviced....  I sprayed WD-40 all over the wiring!

10.  It comes with the original box.....  Just scoop the kitty litter
out!

11.  Better buy it cause it wont last....  No translation needed!

12.  Sure,  it works at full power....  It sucks all it can from the
wall!

13.  Frequency stability is great....  VFO doesn't work, you'll have
to use crystals!

14.  This rig has wide band coverage.....  It drifts up and down and
out of band!

15.  This rig was popular in its day....  They had many HF nets on
repairing it!

16.  QST gave this rig a great review....  The language broke new
ground for profanity!

17.  It might need abit of tweaking....  Marconi himself couldn't fix
it, yet align it!

18.  It was used in government service.... Stored outside on wooden
pallets!

19.  The dial drive may need lubricating...... The gears are stripped
and set screws locked!

20.  I plugged the rig in to see if it lights up....  The light came
from the 2 ft flames!

21.  Im selling it cause I have 2 of them...  Im selling the parts
radio!

22.   It came from an estate sale.... Any problems, take it up with
the owner!

23.  Ill help you carry it yo your car... Ill do anything to get rid
of this boat anchor!

24.  This is the rig of my dreams,  I really wanted one as a kid,  but
now ( sniff ) Ive goto let it go....
 As Ive gotten older Ive realized what a hunk of junk it is!

25.  I'd keep this baby, but my wife is making me clean everything
out....  I finally got around to giving this rig the proverbial
heave-ho!

Author unknown....

73 Mike

Sponsored by the City of Tempe