eBay

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sat Jan 8 00:58:55 EST 2000

Good morning;

I am one of those greedy, money-grubbing vermin who uses eBay. It is too
bad that some people have to resort to name calling just because someone
doesn't agree with them. I am a retired Motorola 2-way radio senior
technician with 50 years experience repairing radios. Buying,
reconditioning and reselling radios is my hobby as well as a small source
of income to supplement my $900 a month of Social Security.

I try to help others by drawing on my experience when I see a post where
I think I can contribute something. Many others have helped me, too. I
think that is the spirit of Ham Radio; not who sells what, where.

Stu Lyons is right. I have spoke for many items on this and other
reflectors as soon as it appears, only to be told "sorry, it is already
sold". You never get a chance to make a better offer. Last night on eBay,
I bought a matching speaker for my National HRO-60. I have never seen one
on the National or any other reflector that I subscribe to.

Please remember that the greedy, money-grubbing seller does not set the
price. The buyer does. There is an old truism that something is worth
what someone is willing to pay for it. Why don't the critics blame the
buyers for the high prices? They are the ones that run the price up, not
the sellers. I wish the prices were not so high too. Whether you like it
or not, eBay is here to stay and I am glad to have a place to display my
goods and see what is available, world wide.

Sincerely; your greedy, money-grubbing vermin,
Ed Richards

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov