Sour grapes

Donald A. Anderson andfam at NETEASE.NET
Sat Jan 8 18:30:17 EST 2000

I am amazed at the number of commentators on this forum who find it
their duty to bad mouthing another venue.  Dare I say the e word?  I
think that it is simply a case of sour grapes. If you can't get what
"you" want at what "you" consider a fair price, then bad mouth it to
everyone you meet.  My kids do this!  For me, I enjoy really scanning
the lists of Heathkit equipment every morning, re-living the past,
seeking something more to buy. and wondering what I will do with another
SB 301, 401, DX 60, or HR 10 if I happen to win one of the bids.  I feel
like a kid in a candy store.  I especially like looking over the just
listed stuff to see I will be tracking an SB 102, or whatever, for the
10 days.  If I see a good deal, I bid.  And I have gotten some good
ones.  If not, I let it go.  It is as simple as that.  What is the big
deal?  And price, if I want it bad enough I am willing to pay for it.  I
don't care about the price.  I may never see another one again.
        I also search used lists on Virtual Hamfest, www.qrz, www.wm7d.net, and
others, but I usually find old postings that are already sold or no one
answers my emails.  I never find the variety of Heathkit stuff on these
other sites, and that includes this one!
        Let's stop bad mouthing other sites.  If you don't like it, don't use
it.  My father used to tell me: If you don't have something good to say,
then don't say it.  I have always considered this good advice.

73 Don WB6INP
andfam at netease.net

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov