The Heath Community

Christian Fandt cfandt at NETSYNC.NET
Sun Jan 9 21:19:27 EST 2000

Thank you David for posting this msg. I feel precisely the same way as you and
you've put it into words much better than I had been planning. Additionally, I
sense you are speaking for some other folks on this list. I felt this
discussion is a blip in the normal routine of the list and stood back and
merely observed some of the differing opinions - almost all equally valid as I
stand in the middle of the road on this issue.

Therefore, knowing now that we all have differing opinions on the matter and
that the folks who have not left in a huff understand they may simply delete
those msgs they prefer not to read, let's get back to enjoying the discourse on
the fine Heathkit products.

Upon the date 08:16 PM 1/9/00 +0000, David A. Minster said something like:

> I have "lurked" on this list for a long time.  I've met some very
> interesting, and honest/honorable, people here.  Even though these little
> explosions happen every now and then, from my perspective, they DO affect the
> Heath community at large.  I find the debates about EBay useful, and can
> think of many other "debates" that have occured during my tenure on the list.
>
> To me the issue isn't this "I Quit" non-sense that has been going on.  The
> bigger issue is: Do you want to be a member of the COMMUNITY?  As such,
> participate however YOU want to.  There are MANY posts on this list I just
> click on to delete.  Some (like paint sources, etc.) have gone into an
> Archive folder in my email client.  But for me, * I * filter my content with
> the click of a mouse.  And I enjoy watching the community evolve from the
> window here on my virtual front porch.  For those who are out and about and
> posting what they have, what they think, what they experience, and how they
> feel about things - THANK YOU.
>
> For those of you who want to, or already have, quit the community... rest
> assured - you'll be back... or quitting some other community in the weeks to
> come.
>
> Everyone have a great 2000.
>
> David, NA2AA

Thanks everybody for all the help, advice and information you've given myself
and each other regarding the Heathkit products we own (and a few other subjects
too ;-)

Regards,  Chris
-- --
Christian Fandt,         Electronic/Electrical Historian
Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt at netsync.net
        Member of Antique Wireless Association

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov