IM 17 battery

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 10 14:16:00 EST 2000

Kenneth - I asked the same question of this list several months ago.  The
majority opinion was to replace the mercury battery (of which you can't get any
more) with a 9 volt battery & replace the 8.4 v holder with a 9 v holder.  Then
you need to adjust as per the manual instructions.  I have not yet tried it on
my original IM-17 but was told it worked.  Question is - would this
modification make the IM-17 now, not original, and thus make it worth less?
Interesting.  If it does make the unit work than it's better, I would think,
than letting it sit gathering dust on the shelf or being thrown away.
73's Larry

--- Kenneth Bakhaus <bakken at MODEMPOOL.COM> wrote:
> Is anyone out there still using the IM17 multimeter and, if so, what is
> being used for the 8.4 mercury battery other than a standard 9v noted as an
> option in the manual? I don't seem to find mercury batteries listed
> anywhere but maybe haven't found the right place although it would not
> surprise me that they aren't made anymore per environmental concerns.
> Thanks
>
> Sponsored by the City of Tempe
>
> Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov
> 'name' 'call'"

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov