sb-104a callsign data plate

Rob Frans Rfrans1 at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 11 06:21:50 EST 2000

Date:    Mon, 10 Jan 2000 09:11:35 -0500
From:    ken newman <rav4wd at EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject: sb-104a callsign data plate.

>Hi! thanks for reading and replys.
 >I purchased a used SB-104a rig and was in need of replacement ideas for
>the callsign plate. I need to replace the current one that is installed.
>Thanks, Ken...... KB4BJM

Ken... I had the same questions when I got my 104a... there is a VERY simple
and effective solution that a fellow Heathen helped me with... here goes...
Simply hop on Microsoft Word and type your call sign in an Arial bold font
(you will have to experiment on exact size)... highlight the call sign text
and reverse the font to white and the background to black.  Print the
callsign to a piece of paper.  Run the paper through a copy machine onto a
clear acetate sheet (used for presentations on an overhead projector...) The
result will be your call sign printed clear on a black background.  You can
then cut and trim around the black and insert into the mount on the face of
your xcvr... Let me know if you have any questions!  It worked great for me!

73, Rob

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov