Heath in the movies

Steve Harrison ko0u at OS.COM
Sat Jan 15 10:52:59 EST 2000

At 09:13 AM 2000-01-15 -0500, F. V. Encarnacion, Jr. wrote:
>The connectors on the back of the radio

What'd you do to get the connectors visible?? Best I could do was to see
the line cord drooping from the left side of the picture (right side of
radio).

>... and the "case off" view

Someone said a few days ago that the case lid was simply folded back; but
it's clear that not only has the case lid been removed, but so has the rear
panel of the case; otherwise, we couldn't see the upper edge of the rear of
the chassis. Looks like they removed the entire rear of the case. Wonder
why the producers thought the audience would want to see the insides of the
radio like that? Perhaps someone decided to purposely give Heath fanatics
everywhere a puzzle to solve: which model SB30x.

>...lead me to believe it's a 301.

I still think that huge filter is the original one for the SB300.

>Why they have a a nice E-V/Heathkit desk mic with
>a receiver - I don't know. I'd like to see how they plugged the desk mic
>into the 300/301's front panel!

License with technology: they probably simply epoxied the mike cable into
an ordinary 1/4" phone plug and plugged it into the phone jack on the front
panel. I bet they even epoxied the phone plug into the phone jack to keep
it from pulling out during the shooting. What's the betting there will be
NO picture of the front panel in the movie where the lettering on the
phones jack can be read?

Wasn't there a tube shield over the VFO tube in the 301? Can't see the
socket well enough to tell if it's a shield type or not but the tube nipple
can clearly be seen.

73, Steve K0XP

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov