[Hallicrafters] Power Transformer Rewinding Service

Ken Ketner ketner at ARISBEASSOCIATES.COM
Sun Jan 16 10:33:58 EST 2000

Greg, yeah the service was great, took a couple of weeks, workmanship
was such that after ACR Electronics in Lynn MA (17 Joyce St, 01902, 781
698 5908) rewound the xfmr, it looked and performed better than new.
        Many of our old items depend on their transformers for everything, and
when they go south, we are up a creek. I suppose that if one had a
transformer set for 115 vac primary, and had a 125 vac line (as I do at
my QTH  —why did power companies raise the line voltage like that?) then
the ACR folks might be able to adjust the primary etc so that the set
voltages would be as specified but with a new primary for 125 vac.
Another possibility would be a conversion to 220 vac service in case one
wanted to play one’s boat anchor while on temporary US MARINE duty with
the lipstick guard at the Monaco ducal palace. That guy Tesla did us all
a favor when he invented ac distribution systems.

--

Ken Ketner
ARS KA5ELD

email: