HW-101 Knowledge Base

The Maryland Crofts croft at PATRIOT.NET
Mon Jan 24 23:13:53 EST 2000

"Amplifying" on that mechanical "note" . . . could it be a bad CW band
pass crystal filter? . . .  I've been experiencing a similar problem
with the stress of cold weather (cooler temps) from about 35 to 45
degrees (the rig is always mobile although at one time in the basement
shack the problem arose also) . . . poor/disintegrating solder
connections around the crystal terminals seemed to resolve my "first"
bout . . . and BTW the bandwidth could also be heard to changed as the
frequency shift took place.

John, K3NJ

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov