WTB: 3 conductor power cord for SB-303[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Sat Jul 1 19:25:57 EDT 2000

At 04:19 PM 07/01/2000 , you wrote:
>  What is special about these?I see three wire extension cords sold
> everywhere of 16,12 and 14 gauge.Couldn't you hardwire one of these or
> any lighter weight(if adequate) three wire cord in place in the chassis?
>
>Also,yard sales overflow with older computer hardware including three wire
>cords.Then there are the electrical specialty stores with all the various
>wires and connectors and receptacles and plugs and Heaven knows what else
>you might be able to modify,finagle,
>adapt,improve,utilize,join,confabulate,nd just generally make do with
>quite nicely.
>
>Malcolm Leonard

Some people just convert the radios to use common cords - in fact I saw a
301/401
at the local hamfest with PC-style IEC power connectors, others like to keep
the radios totally stock.  Heat used the power connector that was common
in the era when they were manufacture red - a unit that used round pins (kinda
like a TV cheater cord on steroids)...  Anyway, they are most commonly found
today on coffee pots and older adding machines.

Mike

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633