SA2060 Torroid 475-19 Specs[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Murray Leshner multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Tue Jul 4 23:37:25 EDT 2000

Hello:

I don't think the inductance value is the critical issue...the turns ratio
is the most important thing. I believe the manual (at least on one of the
tuners said 13-15 bifilar (parallel double wire) turns.

I can also tell you you have to have a gorilla's grip to get the 15 on
there.

What I used to do was put the two loose ends of the teflon wire in a vise
and pull against the wire with the cores to maintain tension. It was a
challenge to get 15 on there with that heavy 14 AWG teflon wire. I did 16
once and my hands were sore. They have to be tight and lay flat to get them
all on.

But someone reminded me that the manual said 13-15 anyway.

I think the cores were Amidon T-200-2 or 6...which ever one was red...I
think -2. You could figure out approximate inductance if it was really an
item of interest....but for the intended application one need not know, as
long as the right cores were used and close to the right number of turns
were used.

Murray

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov