Shipping Woe's[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Mike Shelton ke4lgx at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 7 12:56:10 EDT 2000

Just thought I would add my two cents on the shippers
I have had some bad experiances with both ups and
the usps services.Generally our mail carrier is a
careful person and handles most of my boxes with
kid gloves , and he will not leave a insured package
without someone there, On the other hand our ups man
is a nice guy but packages would be heaved from the
road if he could, I received a radio a while back
and when I saw the box it was toast and the unnamed
brand radio was "hanging out" strowed with peanuts
every where, well I complained big time, hasn't helped
much, shipped a package to alaska by ups got it back
next day tore all to %$#@, with a note we can't ship
this to that location?, Gee thought you were in the
shipping business. and going to our local post office
is a real trip, those folks don't want to see me on a
sat. morn with my weeks repairs to ship, Really would
be nice to have a "decent caring" service.
Thinking of foaming all Radios for shipping, email
all replies to me personally on that one!
would most of you balk at a packageing charge if
it added a measureable amount of security to your
equipment.
BTW- ups packaged a box for a customer at there site
     I received it in "MANY PIECES".
Food for Thought on your next shipments!
thanks for the bandwidth Guy's!!!!!!!!!!

=====
Mike Shelton CET.
    KE4LGX
Amateur Radio Service