UPS Screw Job part II "the phone call"[via LSMTP - see[via[via LSMTP [via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com] - see www.lsoft.com]LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com] www.lsoft.com]

CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE cboone at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Jul 10 13:37:12 EDT 2000

Eddy Swynar wrote:

> Dear Joe OM...
>
> Ah yes, yet ANOTHER reason why we should all patronize our respective
> government post offices---the best "...bang for our buck" in ANY currency
> denomination!
>
> Lest we forget, fellows, it was the good ol' UPS that was granted an
> "...11th hour" opportunity by the U.S. FCC to lay claim to a chunk of
> 220-MHz some 13 years ago...remember????!!

Its was more like a 13th hour opportunity! :) But then UPS got
screwed by the FCC and was not granted a nationwide 220 MHz license
sooooo they had to go to 800 MHz (AHHH poor babies!)..

BTW here is another UPS story (not involving Heath gear as I sold
my 401/303 at HamCom this year)...
At work I ordered two ICS rack mount keyboards....cost was $340 each!
One box came in CRUSHED on one corner...the mounting rail inside was
bent 90 degrees...totally unusable...I called UPS and filed a claim..
they came the next day and picked up the box with the damamged unit
inside....NEXT DAY, the box in question was BACK at my office with
a Sharpie note on it saying "Keyboard OK: return to receiver: claim
denied" !!!!!! Needless to say I was on the phone raising H$LL with
them...finally after THREE more days, they came and got it and returned
it to ICS Advent...But the supvsr at UPS got a nice surprise...
I wrote next to their note in BIG Sharpie letters "ITS NOT THE KEYBOARD
BUT THE MOUNTING RAILS, STUPID!!!"...probably didnt get noticed as
stupid as they seem to show..

Chris
WB5ITT
(BTW to those who replied about the SB600spkr 4 sale, I have all replies
and am trying to determine who was 1st...will contact the lucky winner
this week!)

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov