Shipping Heathkits[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Tue Jul 11 23:19:39 EDT 2000

At 07:39 AM 07/11/2000 , you wrote:
>'Please lets keep ourselves to the topic of HEATHKIT, technical advise and
>selling, buying, or wanted ads.'
>
>I can not think of a topic that is more centrist to the majority of Heathkit
>list subscribers than knowing the pitfalls of shipping Heathkits.  To be
>fair though, for those that just want to 'talk' about the old days and for
>those that already know everything about shipping Heathkits, I guess this
>most informative thread could be redundant!
>
>John  N3FIG

Uh - it's not all wasted bandwidth... when did we decide to stop learning?

Using the information presented in the last few days I shipped a APC brand
uninteruptible power supply that I got for free back to them for repair -
the information was very timely.
Yes, it cost a few $$ for the materials (including the wood for the outer
exoskeleton for the regular corrugated cardboard box, but I am sure that
it will arrive intact. The repair is going to run about $50.

So to the others that gave useful information, thank you.  To those that
think that it was a waste of bandwidth, etc. I hope that you never need
the information.

Mike WA6ILQ

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633