Speaking in Defense of Heath[via LSMTP - see www.lsoft.com]

M. Kassay michael.kassay at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Jul 12 09:53:02 EDT 2000

Hi Heath Lovers....

All I can say is,  Times Change.....  Im probably one of the younger guys on the group
but here it goes !

Look at a Ham's shack in the 60's, 70's, 80's and  Today....   It's the difference
between building , learning and understanding ....to.....   When can I get it, and how
many options... What's the warranty, and who cares how it works.......  OOppps...did I
say APPLIANCE ?  ;)

People dont have time today to kit build, so they take an easier route....  But then
agn,  Im sure the people back then didn't have time either,,,,,   IF you want to build
you do it,  but with the number of plug and play rigs out there,     why build?

Look at a Ham's shack today.....  You might be lucky to find a piece of test equipment,
and then might be lucky enough for the guy to know how to use it.....   Listen on the air
today, and you might be lucky to hear someone talk about something technical....... Try
to start a technical conversation, and find how quick the subject changes.........

As I mentioned,  Times change, and so did this wonderful hobby, but Heath appears to be
part of the hobby that couldn't change.  So that's probably why were are collecting them,
to keep alive apart of a lost era!  Oh yes, the most important part......   the FUN  ! !
!

73 Mike
Michael Kassay - VE3MKX - QRP
Minesing, Ontario, CANADA