The big Heath confusion factor

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 13 22:07:27 EDT 2000

Fellow keepers of the Green,

My apologies for wasting BW while poking fun at some of the more tightly
wound contributors to this list.  I'll stop now, out of courtesy to all, but
only after saying it was nice receiving some "atta-boys" from those of you
who are as dedicated as I in the preservation of some of the finest
electronics produced in the last Century.

My hobby, like yours, is just that ----------- a hobby!  For those who cannot
find some peace and happiness in enjoying such a hobby, my sympathy is with
them.  But not for long!  Life is tough ------- get over it!

And, my friends, the offer still stands for one or all:   One card of Tagamet
(r) or a couple of bottles of Excedrin in exchange for that "sorry Heath gear
that should never have reached the marketplace".    BTW, I'll pay shipping!

And while those who prefer "plug-n-play" do absolutely nothing CREATIVE to
receive the CW sigs from KPH (last evening for those of you who follow such
doins) or some newly licensed 5wpm guy who is just as proud of his "antique"
HW-16 as he would be of a rice box gizmo with more bells/whistles than one
can operate-------------- Those of us who can coax another day of operation
from the 301 or the MT-1/MR-1 "twins" are having a thousand times more fun
because WE choose to make these things play and discuss their problems with
resolution in our minds.  NOT to wholesale bitch and moan about their
shortcomings.

Wanna guess who's really having fun with this hobby?????  Watch the posts on
this and other lists real carefully............... you'll see who makes it
happen versus those who simply don't have a clue.

I enjoy sitting in the background and learning.  There are many on this list
who have excellent input and the technical skills to convey a thought with
ease.  I have learned a lot by listening.  I have learned NOTHING from the
posts of the complainers.  Sorry, guys but your negative comments contribute
zilch, zero, nada, nothing, etc, etc.....  And I do understand the premise of
1st Amendment Rights.

BTW, for fun --------- call your local Ambulance chasing P.A. and ask if one
of the staff attorneys is well versed in Ohms Law.   You might be surprised
at the immediate answer.

Best 73 to the Heath hobbyists who make this list a joy to belong to.
Lets keep the green stuff working (in spite of those who just can't get it
right)

Chuck
W4MIL

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov