Heathkits and Victorian morality

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 20 21:37:37 EDT 2000

In a message dated 07/20/2000 5:42:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rosinfumes at YAHOO.COM writes:

<< Will someone explain to me what the rationale is behind the objection that
many people have to items for auction being mentioned in newsgroups? >>

Malcolm,

To explain this level of thinking would require more time/effort than most
normal people care to contribute.

Very simply, there are those out there who somehow think (and believe) that
everyone else in the world owes them something!!!!!!!  Be it ham gear,
insurance, medicine, housing, or free retirement benefits!!!!!!!!  They don't
recognize that the world of e-commerce is HERE!!!!!!

I trade (as a hobby, thank you) ham gear as a matter of having fun with my
hobby.  I now look through e-bay (daily) because the best gear for the money
is showing up there.......  If someone is kind enough to let us know, by any
means, that an item is available then good for them......

I WANT TO KNOW OF ANY ITEM FOR SALE , TRADE OR AUCTION.
If the listmaster chooses to restrict those posts, then so be it!  It ain't
my list!  I don't pay the freight!  His rules are my rules!   I can live
inside or outside of them without affecting my HOBBY!

I can only offer that anyone who has not accepted the fact that e-commerce is
here to stay is ignoring life in general.

The auction services are now making my hobby interests more valuable than
before.  I am buying items that I could never expect to obtain for reasonable
prices and the merchandise is good!!!!!!

So why not accept any and all leads where an item of interest is concerned?

Post it once and leave it be.  Those of us interested will take the bait.  If
its a bad item, I'm smart enuf to know and will leave it alone for those who
are not as critical as I..............

I'm from the old school also................  I wish the 1950's were still
here, but they are not!!!!!!!  Hams, for the most part, are still pretty nice
folks.  There are still jerks out there and always will be.  But it must be
understood that they are not necessarily those who post e-bay ads as a way of
advertising their gear.

Lets hope the listservers will continue to support the dissemination of
information and let us, the subscribers, choose that which is most appealing
to us.

As far as making a resolution, asking for  a vote, and expecting the list
manager to abide by these  "suggestions", I say bunk!!!!   If the list master
is paying the freight, its his domain to administer.  If I don't like what he
is doing, I'll un-subscribe!  Life is just too damn short to worry about such
trivial things.

Dave, do yur thing!  Period!

And, if we can get back to Heath (as a subject) then lets do so.

Malcolm, my friend, I agree with you whole -heartedly!

There is a saying, out there, that there are too many $4.50 flash attachments
on 50-cent cameras!!!!!!!   Think about it, folks.

Lets get back to Heath, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best 73 to all  de W4MIL

Chuck

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov