SB-610 IF Freq

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Sun Jul 23 12:07:32 EDT 2000

I recently did this and it worked great!. I used an IF transformer from a
GR-64 parts radio and wired the primary as shown in the manual. Do not
use the 200 pF parallel capacitor as the IF can is self resonant at 455
kc. The can was the same size but mounted differently. I used some
SHO-GOO (my favorite good-for-everything glue) on all four sides. Solid
as a rock. To insure the can was grounded, I soldered a wire from one of
the mounting tabs to a chassis ground lug. Peaked right up with more than
enough signal to drive the trace off-screen.

Regards,
Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov