DX-60B Questions

Richard & Donna Wayne rwayne at VNET.NET
Fri Jun 9 16:42:53 EDT 2000

Greeting Heath fans,

I am working on DX-60B for the first time (my first work on a screen
grid modulated rig).

I cannot get the plate meter to move very much with modulation.
The resting plate current is about 50 ma. when loaded to the max
into a 50 ohm dummy load. This is the max loading I can get.
The key down plate current in CW mode is 100 ma.

I would appreciate any help with answers to these questions.

1. What is the proper resting plate current in AM mode?

2. What should the plate current peak at with 100 modulation?

Thanks for your help.

73,
Richard W4LN