HW 5400

Edward Kotkiewicz ekotkie at EZL.COM
Sat Jun 10 11:50:50 EDT 2000

Ron S Kramer wrote:

> I am working on the High VCO board. I cleaned the board with Rosin Flux Remover
> from Radio Shack . When I try to solder od the pc board, it give off a burning
> smell
> which drive the family crazy. Any ideas on how I can remove the flux remover
> from the board???

EK> Ron, see your druggist and try to get some 100 % alcohol.  They may balk and
only want to sell 90% denatured but tell them it is for cleaning circuit board and
you don't want a film left.  This is good stuff to clean a wide array of stuff.  I
am not familar with the stuff from RS.  Normally, one would use a flux removal
technique after having soldered not before.

Hmmmm....it drives the family crazy eh.....maybe...................(oh well.....)

Ed