Reflector Guidelines & Rules

Debby and Dave Anderson danderso at EROLS.COM
Wed Jun 14 00:01:22 EDT 2000

The following are taken from the Tempe ListServer site (and modified
by me to apply directly to the Heath list). I hope they help those in
need. If you have a problem with the address change section, drop me a
note & I'll try to help you out.

Dave Anderson

As a general set of instructions:

To Join the List:

Start a fresh e-mail and in the To: line put
listserv at listserv.tempe.gov. Any time you are sending
a request to the server to respond to you would use this address.

Don't enter anything in the subject line - it's ignored.
In the body of the message you type subscribe heath

Then, send the message.

Within a few minutes (normally) you will get a message back asking
you to confirm your subscription. You simply do a reply to that
message with only "ok" in the message. It has fairly good instructions
in the confirmation message.

After a few more minutes a message should arrive giving you a
hearty welcome to the list along with a complete set of nice
instructions on other command you can give the list server. The most
important is how to remove your subscription, so keep this message in
a safe place.

How to post to the list

Now that you are on a list, how do you post a message? It's as simple
as sending an e-mail.

Start a new message and address the message to:

heath at listserve.tempe.gov

The subject is important now, since this will tell the others who
have subscribed what your message is about. Don't attach anything
to your messages that go to the list. Some people can't handle
attachments and they are usually very large compared to a typical
message.

How to remove yourself from a list

To unsubscribe from a list you simply send a message to the list server
at
listserv at listserv.tempe.gov

Then, in the body of the message you type signoff and the name of the
list, such as signoff heath

To change your address:
This is a two step process. First remove yourself from the list as
described above (using your old mail address to send from), then
resubscribe using your new mail account.

Rules

We have a more detailed set of rules to read and understand...just click
here.

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/conduct.htm

Things to remember about using a list:
Try to stay on subject
Treat others as you would like to be treated
Don't spread information you aren't sure is true
Participate
Think about your reply - should it be a personal reply, or
would the list be interested in your answer?
Don't SPAM (send messages off topic usually selling
something)

Enjoy your time on the lists