Re SB 200

Bob Meyer Rascal at UTEC.NET
Sat Jun 24 17:58:47 EDT 2000

Check your VSWR between the transceaver and SB 200 amp.
keep under 2:1 the lower the better.

I have ran HW 101 and SB 200 together worked fine.
Also tryied My SB 1400.worked great.
Also check to see if you are overdriving.
I recall ALC was not used.
Also check for RF getting into mic.

Also make shure you have a good ground on you amp.
A tip for grounding.
Keep ground lead straght as possable.no loops.
ground direct to a 8FT copper rod if possable.
also keep ground under 10Ft for TVI and amps to rod.

also check your patch cord from rig to the SB 200.

If you can get a dummy load,Try checking out how it sounds.Use a SW reciever to listen.even get some one to talk on yor rig into dummy load.and listen.

Also watch the plate volts.if there is a big drop you have a bad diode and/or caps in powersupply.
This was the problem with the one I repaired.

sounded bad on the air.

good luck,I like the SB 200.

Bob Meyer

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov