SB-400 Low Power and alignment

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Wed Jun 28 21:24:46 EDT 2000

Mark,

I am not home to check but if my memory is right, you need to do the
following (from the book):

1. Before attempting alignment, remove the 6CL6 and shield, remove the
top and rear covers from the PA cage and disconnect the 800 volts between
the feed-through capacitor and the bottom of the RF choke, disconnect the
680 ohm resistor from the PA screens. The book will tell you to install
these parts after alignment. Otherwise you are running full power during
the alignment procedure.

2. A RF choke will detune the tuned circuits. I remember the book saying
to use the RF probe only to get in the ball park then disconnect it and
tune for max PA grid current. I have done several and it works for me.

73,
Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov