filter Caps

George T. Baker w5yr at ATT.NET
Wed Mar 1 14:39:27 EST 2000

Thanks, Mike - several folks have mentioned both of these.

But, actually, I found a much cheaper and more convenient source:
radioshack.com.

They have a wide range of electrolytics in axial and radial styles with
voltage ratings to 450 volts. Prices are reasonable: $3.85 for 47 mf at
450 volts. So, I have ordered 6 separate caps to replace all the
electrolytics in the SB-610. There is plenty of room under the chassis to
patch in the new caps.

Not bad maintenance costs for going into the 31st year of service! BTW,
these parts are not available in the RadioShack stores - only from the
website.

Thanks to Mike and the several others who volunteered source info.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972       Kachina #91900556

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov