SB-303

George T. Baker w5yr at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 4 23:23:20 EST 2000

I built my SB-303 in December 1971. The lower left-hand knob is labeled
"R.F. ATTEN". I believe that mine was among the earliest kits released
but I cannot be sure.

I am unaware of any SB-303 having a noise blanker circuit although later
versions may have had this feature. I would suspect a misprint.

The actual control in my receiver is a 600-ohm pot connected directly to
the antenna input connector. It performs the indicated task of
attenuating the incoming signal to avoid front-end overload which is a
problem with the 303.

72/73, George
Fairview, TX   30 mi NE Dallas in Collin county
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
R/C since 1964 - AMA 98452   RVing since 1972       Kachina #91900556

TERRY ENGLAND wrote:

> Hello again, tnx to all who have sent me information on the LMO problem in
> my SB-303. Now I have an other question about the SB-303 rcvr, on mine the
> bottom left control is labeled noise blanker right next to the band switch,
> ok on several pictures of the SB-303 I have seen that same control is
> marked as attenuator ? Is this just a later or earlyer version with
> different labeling on the control ? Or maybe a misprint on the pannal ?
>                 tnx agn  terry

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov