HEATH Digest - 3 Mar 2000 to 4 Mar 2000 (#2000-65)

Marvin marvin at RAIN.ORG
Sun Mar 5 04:09:47 EST 2000

> From: Bob Meyer <Rascal at UTEC.NET>

Some early Heath computers used either hard (10 sectors) or soft sectored
floppy disks depending on how it was configured.

The Z-100 runs dual processors (8085 & 8088) allowing it to run either CP/M
86 or MS-DOS programs. It runs at about 5 MHz and thus is pretty slow (!) by
todays standards. I am not aware of any compatibility problems with using PC
programs on the Z-100 assuming they would also run on the PC (8088
processor) :).

> Where do you get hard sectored 5 1/4 in disk for oul heath kit computers..
>
> The 360K disks are soft sectored.
> I was just woundering...
>
> Any body know is heath-zenith Z100 computer with 5 1/4 floppy and 20 MB
> MFM hard disk
> will run any PC programs?
>
> Has green pitchure tube and uses a serial printer..
> I do have a word prosser program and M basic for it on HDD..

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov