Mic Identification

John Mortlock jmort at GLOBAL.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Mar 9 12:22:05 EST 2000

>I'm trying to identify what I believe to be a Heath mic.  I sold it
>several years ago and I'd like to look out for another to buy.
>Its a desk mic with all components, the base the riser and mic head all of
>stainless steel.  It looked quite a neat design and I got pretty good audio
>reports using it.
>If anyone knows of any sites which have photos of Heath desk mics I'd be
>interested to know the URL's.

Thanks to all who responded to my mic identification query.

Indeed it is the Electro-Voice 638.  I found a good photo of
one at http://netnow.micron.net/~kj7f/boatanch/ev638.htm

If anyone has one in decent condition which they wish to
sell I'd be interested to hear from them.

73 John
G3UGY

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov