Marketplace

lurch lurch at THERAMP.NET
Fri Mar 10 23:58:20 EST 2000

So, adjust for inflation...then figure whether there's reason to whine.
In Y2K dollars, a HW-101 when introduced in the 70's was about how much
new?  $200 when the minimum wage was 75 cents an hour and a top-flight
EE made 4K a year?

Today that would work out to what?  $1500?  2K? [in today's devalued
inflated dollars].

I'm guessing, but I bet I ain't TOO far off after about 30 years of
inflation--and remember a lot of those years were 10-15% a YEAR.

"You gonna play in Texas, you gotta pay the fiddler...."

73 de KA9EGW

> KB0BK wrote:
>
> How about giving it a rest?!
>
> I enjoy reading the mail, but it gets a little old when there's so
> much whining.
>
> I have been buying Heathkit SB series equipment for about 2 months.
> I'm trying to put together a station that I had many years ago.  I've
> dealt with "Heathkit Hams" on ebay and through a couple of other sites
> where equipment is offered for sale.  Everyone I've dealt with has
> been GREAT!!!  I've made a bunch of new friends and had a lot of fun.
> They've all been a lot of help and I paid exactly what the equipment
> was worth to me.
>
> Thanks to all the great people I've dealt and thanks to Heathkit for a
> lot of fun.
>
> Bill, KB0BK

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov