Hard to find Heath 11 pin power plugs and sockets and and 2 pin microphone plugs and sockets.

Kenneth G Dupuis wn2sqc at JUNO.COM
Tue Mar 14 19:21:10 EST 2000

Dear Heath List Members. It seems that the Heathkit type11 pin power
sockets and plugs and the 2 pin microphone plugs and sockets are
apparently readily available from Allied Electronics at 1-800-433-5700. A
quick scan of thier catalon on page 628 indicates that they have 11 pin
female and male power cable plugs and insulated hoods. they also list 11
pin chassic sockets, and 2 pin male and female microphone plugs and
chassis sockets. These parts seem to be identical to the ones used by
heath. This makes sense since the Heath designers used similar catalogs
to choose parts for thier designs. They didn't re-invent the wheel to
mass produce radios as cheap prices. I make no claim that  these are
exact Heath replacements but I see no reason why they aren't.    I hope
this information helps, 73's Ken

The 11 pin male power cable plugs are part number 719-0025 at $2.59 each,
 the 11 pin female power cable plug is part number 719-0016 at $3.88
each. The 11 pin matching sockets are available in two styles, a regular
tube socket type with a two hole mounting plate as part number 719-0003
at $5.23 each or the 11 pin chassis socket that fits a round hole and
mounts with a retainer ring is part number 719-0016 at $3.88 each, this
is the same unit described above and apparently does both jobs, that is
as an 11 pin female power cord connector and as an 11 pin female chassis
socket. The shell that fits on the male and female plug is part number
719-0019 at $3.97 each, this style has a cable clamp with a wire
insulator. The two pin female microphone plug with a screw on retaining
ring is part number 719-3107 at $9.66 each, the male chassis socket is
part number 719-3111 at $7.43 each and fits a 5/8 inch hole with a
maximum panel thickness of 11/32 inch.

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov