Question...speaker for HW-101

Fred Olsen fwolsen at EXECPC.COM
Fri Mar 17 22:33:56 EST 2000

Well, I guess I should have quoted Mike Kassay's original question when
I restated it.  He asked it, but I caught all the pop flies!  That's
what I get for trying to save pixels.

So far, the consensus seems to be that there is no exact matching
speaker for the HW-100/101.  The HS-1680 matches except for paint
texture, but was actually produced for the HX-1661 and/or the HR-1680.
(Thanks Ed, I had forgotten about the HX.)

Still, if some hypothetical person (ahem) wanted a suitable speaker for
both an HR-1680 and an HW-101, it seems as though the best choice is
indeed the HS-1661.  So I'm still looking.

Hmm, if I put the speaker between the 101 and 1680, and have Lynn
repaint one half 'crinkle' to match the 101 ...

Fred

"M. Kassay" wrote:

> Hi Heath Lovers...
>
> It's Friday night and I just thought of this question..... Im not sure
> if anyone has an answer......
>
> Why didn't Heathkit make a matching speaker for the HW-100/101 ?   Or
> did they???
>
> I mean an SB-600 with a Dark green case and a Light green face plate
> to match the colour scheme of the radio!!!!!    Say like the newer
> HS-1661 speaker......
>
> Just a thought!
>
> 73 Mike

Sponsored by the City of Tempe