[HeathKit] Heathkit parts, manual wanted

Carl Hyde cshyde at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 20 10:31:51 EST 2000

Actually Doug they represent a shock hazard along with
being hard to find. I replaced both of mine with a
standard 3 pin computer socket available anywhere.
Gets rid of ground loops also. I know its a
modification but its one that makes the radio work
better. About half of the SBs I come across have the
antenna terminal and the power terminal replaced.

--- Doug Shields <dcb at ecqual.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>      A nice SB-303 and SB-401 followed me home from
> the hamfest yesterday so
> I am trying to give them a good home.  The AC
> receptacles that mount to the
> chassis have been removed from both pieces.  I guess
> the original cords were
> lost so someone removed and bypassed the sockets.  I
> need a 3-pin socket for
> the SB-303 and a 2-pin socket for the SB-401.  If
> anyone has some spares I
> would love to hear from you.
>     I also would like to find an original manual for
> the SB-303.  Again if
> anyone has a spare that you would part with please
> let me know.  Thanks very
> much.
>
> Doug  W4DAS
>

> ---