RFI and GFI's

K4KGW k4kgw at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Mar 24 18:04:17 EST 2000

We had the touch lamp problem five years ago when one of our family members bought three
of those horrible inventions because she just loved to wave her hand at it and watch it
change in intensity.

After a few weeks of waking up in the middle of the night while I was working Asia to the
accompaniment of rapidly changing light levels on the lamps, powered by my 1200 watt
amplifier, the touch feature rather quickly got torn out and was replaced by three-way
hard-wired switches.

The touch lamps also caused tremendous QRM every so many kHz throughout the entire range
of my receivers, whether the lamps were on or off.  I would have taken an axe to them
pretty soon had the culprit not yielded first!

Keith

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov