GFI Problems

Gary Schafer gschafer at MEDIAONE.NET
Sat Mar 25 16:52:59 EST 2000

Hope you have a good life insurance policy! Forgive me for being blunt but removing GFIs
is not a smart thing to do. They are put in for a reason. To SAVE YOUR LIFE!!
The best thing to do if you have a GFI that trips for no apparent reason is to replace it
with a new one. They do go bad. Maybe there is a reason it is tripping also. Ground
current leakage in appliances or wiring. As for rfi, start by grounding your transmitter
well to an earth ground. Relocate your antenna so as not to couple into house wiring, but
don't remove GFIs !

Best to all
Gary  K4FMX

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov