[HeathKit] SB-200 Plate Voltage reading...

Jordan Arndt jordana at NUCLEUS.COM
Thu May 4 23:40:07 EDT 2000

Hi Alex.. yes I do understand all that, but what I was wondering is why Heath
used this particular string of resistors... it is inaccurate from the
beginning... the meter specs are in the manual, 200uA @ 1400 ohms... I replaced
the series string of 4.7M's with 5.1M Metal film 2 watt resistors... that is
about 300K too high and the meter reads 1950 Vdc Measured with a 5Kv VOM shows
2060 Vdc which is rated at 20K Ohms/Vdc which is a 100Meg impedance and should
be very close.... I'm just trying to get the string right.. I couldn't get any
4.7M R's at 5PM and used these instead... I may go for a different string, and
measure to within 1k or so... that should solve the problem... Maybe sub out one
of the 5.1's for a 4.7 to bring the series R to 14.9 Meg.... that should just
about do it... should be within about .6% which is pretty close... Parallax
would cause a larger error....73 de Jordan...

Sponsored by the City of Tempe

Listserver Submissions:  heath at listserv.tempe.gov