Misc. electronics help

Stewart Lyon stu_w6cux at JUNO.COM
Tue May 9 21:42:11 EDT 2000

Usually "buffered" means a low impedance output circuit (like an emitter
or source follower) that can supply higher current to a load without
altering the voltage swing.

It is also used to denote an input data storage device (say to a hard
drive) but I don't think that's the definition in your case.

73, Stu - W6CUX
Winnetka, CA
ARRL Life Member

On Tue, 9 May 2000 20:14:08 -0500 Brian Conrad <beijconrad at GDINET.COM>
writes:
> Could anyone help me understand something. I have a digital soundcard
> in my computer that
> outputs 4-channel audio. The first set of outputs can also be used
> for headphones - and it lists
> it as a "buffered" output - presumably to drive the 8 ohm
> headphones??  What does "buffered"
> mean?
>

> Thanks for any help  -  Brian

Sponsored by the City of Tempe